If a link in a post doesn't open correctly hold down the CTRL (or Control) key and then click on the link. Then choose "Open in a new window (or tab)".

Friday, July 28, 2017

2017 Doris Duke Conservation Scholar: Marvin Bell

Marvin Bell
I am a rising senior at Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts where I am triple majoring in history, anthropology and sociology. Outside of academics, I am heavily involved in campus organizations and movements, ranging from the Amherst Green Project to the Queer Resource Center to the Divest Amherst movement. At the core of all my campus involvement is a passion to do work that allows me to better understand the drivers of ecological crises and their subsequent impacts on vulnerable communities. 

I am currently a Doris Duke Conservation Scholar at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor. As a Doris Duke Conservation Scholar, I am encouraged to examine the ways my personal history shapes my perception of nature and conservation. Under the guidance of faculty from the School of Natural Resources and Environment, I have been equipped with the skills that are needed to facilitate discussion and inspire innovation in an increasingly environmentally conscious world. I hope to continue to use my passion for environmental justice to develop sustainable policy-level solutions; in this capacity, I aim to mitigate the adverse affects of stratified economic, social, and political policies on those most susceptible to environmental harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment